Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wednesday Worship from a Kid's Perspective



           
             I asked my daughter, Lydia, if she would be a guest writer. She wants to share about Wednesday Worship, and I thought you would enjoy to hear about it from her perspective. So without further ado, here is Lydia!
Just in case you were wondering, I’m only in third grade, and as she said in my introduction I’m going to write about Wednesday Worship. The service starts at 5:15 and ends at 5:45. The kids get to do most of the jobs such as lighting the candles and taking the offering. Also reading scripture. We started this November 2nd. We usually have about 20-30 people there. I like Wednesday service a lot because it’s not like regular service and I and my brother and other kids get to help. I like stretching to the music at the beginning of the service. I think it’s helpful in education of Jesus and if you are reading scripture, it can also help with your reading skills. It can teach you manners too because you have to be respectful in the sanctuary.
               There’s a lot of our friends there. There’s people who are new at church and people who go there on Sundays. There are more kids than adults but they all have a grown up to be with. I met most of them through KICK.
               We have a meal at the end. We have some parents cooking. Sometimes their kids are in service. On KICK days the kids will be in KICK while they are in the kitchen. At suppertime you might sit by family or you might sit by a friend. On the table there is a card with questions. You can ask your friends or family the questions on the card. One question is “How is you soul doing? Or how was your day?”
At this point Zeke chimed in and this is what he had to say. I like to stretch because I get to move around. If we are doing the Acts prayer, we start with A. A is for adoring God, so say something you adore about God. C is for Confess. T is for Thanksgiving. S is for Supply. That’s when we ask God to supply our needs. We use colored sticks and everybody prayed something. I tried to pray for yellow so I tried to pray for everyone. My friends Tripper and Cash come. Makaylee is my friend to and she comes. Kadence came to play at my house and stayed for worship.
Lydia finished with this: I hope the service grows and I hope families that come are not just KICK families or families who come on Sunday. I hope some of our neighbors that we invited come and I hope other people would invite people we don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment